Last year we were very fortunate to get a one-off grant from Wellington City Council’s Climate and Sustainability fund to super charge our project management and fundraising for a year. This new fixed term contractor role will take over the day to day coordination of our workshop, volunteers and bike recipients. But also be responsible for developing and implementing a plan to make us more self-sustaining – through donations, sponsors, partnerships and bike sales.
It’s a big task but an exciting one!
- competitive pay $46p/h plus expenses
- flexible hours, work from home, about 15-20 hours a week
- 48 week contract
- work with an amazing range of people and all the feel good factors that come with this mahi
- a workplace that loves diversity, and values health and wellbeing
A typical day may look like this:
- Checking emails and messages and responding to any queries
- Updating the bike/recipient spreadsheet
- Liaising with contractors or volunteers to arrange bike pickups and drop offs
- Preparing for a fix up by matching donated bikes with recipients and prioritising what gets fixed
- Ensuring someone (if not you) is available to supervise at a fix up
- Promoting upcoming events, supporters, requests, or fundraisers on social media
- Talking to potential sponsors, donors, media, or partners to establish ongoing relationships
If you – or someone you know – is interested, please take a look at the role description below. Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th Feb. We’ll be meeting with people as we go, so get in early!